Community members have access to the Main Street location of the Christian Outreach Center Monday-Thursday 8 AM - 3 PM and Friday 8 AM - 12 PM, no appointment necessary. Upon arrival, clients are greeted by our staff and given the opportunity to ask for and receive anything they need, subject to availability.
Beyond the physical needs of our clients, we minister to their spiritual needs by offering weekly bible studies and ample prayer as we walk with them in their journey, hand-in-hand.
Offering these services helps to alleviate barriers to earning gainful employment across the entire spectrum of need, from immediate assistance all the way to self-sufficiency.
Our Essential Services
- Food Bags
- How can one seek gainful employment if they are malnourished? Food bags provide immediate nutrition aimed at filling our clients with nutrients, meeting an immediate need and barrier to seeking self-sufficiency.
- How can an individual think about work opportunities while in dirty garments? Fresh clothing offers reprieve from physical dirtiness and shifts the allows the mindset of the person wearing them to shift beyond an immediate need.
- Hygiene Kits
- Can one seek restored dignity if their bodies are not cared for? Hygiene items help to restore the physical confidence of our clients in how they walk through this world.
- Utility Assistance
- How can you find a job if you have no lights, water, gas, or internet? Utilities make up a large part ofmonthly expenses. Our assistance with utilities alleviates the pressures of disconnect notices so that clients can focus on earning a better pay check, and therefore avoid these challenges in the future.
- How can one earn a great job without a means to get to the interview? Our bus passes are given to clients with job opportunities to alleviate one of the biggest challenges to finding employment.
- Vouchers for Professional Clothing
- How can one attain work without presentable interview clothing? Free vouchers to our Purple Cow Stores provide the opportunity for our clients to earn gainful employment.
- Help with Identifying Documents
- How can one prove their identity for employment if they don't have an ID or Birth Certificate? You got the job! Now What? Our assistance in acquiring documentation of identity provides the opportunity for our clients to finalize employment opportunities.
If you or someone you know is in need of essential services, The Christian Outreach Center is here to help. Visit our center during business hours, email us using the contact button, or call for assistance at (225) 377-8582.